The Instructional Technology Department supports and enhances teaching and learning in all subject areas to prepare students for college and career success in the global community. We encourage transformative uses of technology that promote best teaching practices in accordance with the SVSD Instructional Framework and Common Core State Standards. Ultimately, we believe the effective use of technology will increase student engagement, inspire student learning and facilitate parental involvement. We endeavor to promote a culture of lifelong learning where students and staff use digital tools for communicating, collaborating, thinking critically, and creating.
Strategies for Success…
To reach the goals outlined in our vision, we will:
• Promote and support online learning.
• Provide access to high quality digital content.
• Maintain safe online environments.
• Strive for equity in digital access.
• Offer ongoing professional development.
• Facilitate access to student data.
• Deploy relevant, innovative technologies.
• Refresh infrastructure and communication systems.
• Deliver timely tech support.
The Use of Technology in our Schools….
Technology is no longer just about computer labs and interactive whiteboards. Those are still important, but technology now permeates nearly every aspect of our schools and the pace of change has accelerated dramatically the last few years for adults and students alike. Whether it be purchasing lunch, writing an Individualized Education Plan, checking out a library or textbook, working on an assignment, applying for a job, collaborating on a project, taking an online class, checking grades or attendance, signing up for classes, taking state assessments, filling out a work order, checking a calendar for a sporting event, scheduling a substitute: one thing is certain in our district - it will include the use of a computer or mobile device!
Facts about the Instructional Technology Department. We support…
• Over 6,500 users (staff and students)
• 2,400 desktop computers
• 700 netbooks and laptops
• 1,400 iPads and other tablet devices
• 300 printers
• 250 wireless access points
• And delivered 4,464 clock hours of professional development to teachers in August 2012 alone and hundreds of additional clock hours of training throughout the school year!
8001 Silva Ave SE, P.O. Box 400, Snoqualmie, WA 98065 | Phone: (425) 831-8000 | Fax: (425) 831-8040 | Contact Us