For each individual with a ParentSquare account, users can fine tune their notification settings after logging in by clicking My Account from the upper-right corner dropdown and then Customize Your Settings under Notification Settings.
Here is a help article on changing your notification settings.
For general announcements via the Posts tool, each user can select Instant, Digest or Off (choose to turn off notifications altogether excluding emergency alerts and notices) for email, text, and app notifications.
For new accounts with preferences not yet set, Digest is the default setting for message delivery. Make sure you update your delivery setting if you prefer Instant delivery.
So, what’s the difference? Please read below.
- Instant: you'll receive an email and/or text and/or an app notification every time a notice or message is sent (in real time).
- Digest: you'll receive an email and/or text and/or an app notification once a day in the evening (delivers at approximately 6 pm) with all posts from that day.
- If using the digest setting, ensure you read through your digest email which may contain multiple messages with important information.
- There is one digest per school. If you have students at multiple schools, you will receive one digest email per school.
- Off: no notifications about posts will be sent to you. Emergency Alerts and Notices will still be sent, and School Alerts if turned on.
* Additional Notes:
- Post senders can override the digest option to send instantly to all recipients despite user preferences, but in general should only do so when appropriate.
- Notification settings apply to Posts only. The Messages tool, intended for one-to-one direct messaging or small group messaging only, is instant delivery no matter the user settings.