Nominate an Outstanding Educator of the Year
The Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation is excited to recognize four exemplary SVSD educators through its 2022-23 Educator of the Year Award Program. Please take a moment to recognize an outstanding SVSD employee who has made a positive difference in your child’s educational experience.
UPDATE: The nomination deadline has been extended to Feb. 12, 2023.
Four educators are honored each year, including one from each of the following categories:
- Classified Staff (bus driver, lunchroom staff, custodian, mechanic, paraeducator, secretary, tech support, district office staff, etc.)
- Elementary: Preschool through 5th grade certificated staff (teacher, counselor, therapist, nurse, learning coach, etc.)
- Middle School: 6th-8th grade certificated staff
- High School: 9th-12th grade certificated staff
The nominee must be a staff member employed by the Snoqualmie Valley School District in at least their third year with the district.
Selection Criteria: Who do you know who…?
- Inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- Has the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues;
- Leads by example;
- Plays an active and useful role in the scholastic environment.
Students, parents, educators or other members of the community can nominate an educator for this recognition. Nominations must be submitted to the Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation by Sunday, Feb. 12.
Click here to nominate an SVSD educator.
An independent selection committee comprised of community leaders reviews the applications to determine the winners. Educators of the Year will be celebrated guests during the SVSF Annual “Small Hands to Big Plans” fundraising event on Wednesday, April 5.
Find more information, including videos honoring past Educators of the Year, at: https://www.svsfoundation.org/educator-of-the-year.