Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS)

  • Washington State rules require student immunization information be provided to schools on an official WA State Department of Health Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) Form.  The CIS form is also available in several languages. There are different options to collecting this information. 

    • Option 2:  Request your child's immunization record from their healthcare provider. With this option, the information will likely not be in the correct format. It must be transcribed by hand by the parent or guardian on the official Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) Form. With a handwritten CIS form, the law requires a healthcare provider's signature or accompanied by verifiable medical immunization records. 
    • Option 3:  Request an immunization record from the Department of Health. This is the same information on MyIR but requires calling in the request and providing written consent before the immunization information can be mailed (immunization information will not be provided over the phone).

    Parents and guardians are asked to make many important healthcare decisions for their children, including immunizations.  The Washington State Department of Health provides a guide called "Plain Talk About Childhood Immunizations" to help parents and guardians make informed decisions by providing accurate information about immunizations and the diseases they prevent, benefits and risks, and vaccine safety and effectiveness. 

    To learn more about the required vaccinations for grades K-12 and preschool, please see our links below. 
    For students on the recommended schedule, immunizations are typically due before kindergarten & 7th grade.

Washington State Law