Free & Reduced Meal Applications
Free/Reduced Applications for 2018-19 are now available online and hard copies will be available after August 17, at the District Office.Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify. To qualify, you must to complete a "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application" form each year. The best way, is to complete an application online, in Family Access: 1) Select one child from the arrow at the top, 2) Click the Applications tab, 3) Select Add an Application where you will enter all children. Applications are also available in the school office, administration building or you may print a hard copy (see links on the right).After your application has been processed, you will receive a letter by mail or email stating if you are approved and benefits for which you are eligible. Keep this letter for proof for other benefits that might apply. Until notification you must provide your child with a lunch or lunch money. Please be aware that it can take up to 10 days to process an application. All information provided is held confidential unless written permission submitted. Students who qualify for lunch also qualify for breakfast.
Applications are available in many languages. USDA provides family-friendly application translations in 34 languages. These applications are located at the USDA website: http://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/family-friendly-application-translations.For more information, contact Nancy Parsons at 425-831-8030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To avoid delays in processing and interruption of meal service:
- Fill out only one application per household
- Write children's names in Part 1 AND 2 of income application.
- Be sure to include all family members on the application
- Write a DSHS Client ID Number or Case Number in Part 1
- Fill in Social Security Number and Adult Signature.
- If your income changes at any time in the year you can resubmit a new application.
- Returning students who participating in the free/reduced meals last year, have 20 days to reapply for the new school year.