Emergency Transportation Information
2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
Emergencies such as snow, ice, power outages and floods can alter school schedules and affect bus transportation for students. Please refer to this information if you are in doubt about conditions impacting the status of school. During inclement weather, Puget Sound area media will carry school closure information between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m.Call our 24-hour hotlinefor a recorded message425-831-8494
Emergency Hotline (425) 831-8494
www.svsd410.org - Check the top headline.
www.FlashAlert.net - Sign up for email and text notification.
FlashAlert Messenger app - Download free app for notices sent to local media.
Radio AM KCIS 630 KIXI 880 KOMO 1000 KLAY 1180 KENU 1330 KRKO 1380 KITZ 1400 FM KNKX 88.5 KGRG 89.9 KSER 90.7 KVTI 90.9 KMPS 94.1 KUOW 94.9 KIRO 97.3 KCMS 105.3 KRWM 106.9 Television KOMO 4KING 5/ KONG 6KIRO 7 KCPQ 13 PSETV 26If there is no message about Snoqualmie Valley School District #410, schools are open on a normal schedule.When the school district makes the call for adverse weather conditions, the entire district might not be affected. Therefore, the District is divided into three geographic areas for limited transportation services: Areas A, B, and C. Occasionally, when only high elevation locations within an area are affected, the locations will be listed by neighborhood (i.e. “Limited Transportation Area A: River Bend, Wilderness Rim, the Uplands only”) on the school website at www.svsd410.org
Potential announcements may say:
- “Schools Closed”… All school activities are also canceled for that day.
- “Schools Open, Two Hours Late”… Morning routes to run two hours late. No AM Preschool, AM Encompass, or out-of-district transportation.
- “Schools Open, Limited Transportation”… Shortened routes due to inclement weather or road conditions for Areas A, B and/or C.
- "Schools Open on Time with Early Release"...Regular start time plus instructions for an early dismissal will be on the website.
If there is “Limited Transportation” in the AM, there will also be the same “Limited Transportation” in the PM unless otherwise notified. Students will be delivered after school to the same place as their morning pick-up location.AREA "A" NORTH BEND
AREA "B" SNOQUALMIE plus, LAKE MARIE and LAKE ALICE
- 468th Ave. SE & Edgewick Road – All side roads meet at Edgewick Road. Route goes to 464th Way SE and turns around at the end.
- Cedar Falls Road – No side roads serviced past River Bend and no service past Wilderness Rim. If this road closes, there will be no bus transportation on Cedar Falls Road.
- Forster Wood - Meet at entrance.
- Middle Fork Road – Bus will turn around at Twin Falls Middle School.
- Mt. Si Road – No side roads serviced and no service beyond 470th (River Point).
- Tannerwood – Pick up at west entrance at 140th Street.
- Uplands – Pick up at
415th Ave. SE and SE 142nd Street.
- Wilderness Rim – Main road only; no side street service or stops around the lake.
- Wood River – Pick up at both entrances at 140th Street.
AREA "C" FALL CITY
- 96th St. & Echo Lake – Pick up at entrance to 96th.
- Ernie's Grove - Pick up at SE 72nd St. & 444th Ave SE.
- Highland Drive & Tokul Road – Pick up at 3 intersections: Main Line & 396th Drive SE.; 396th Dr. SE and SE 53rd St.; and, SE 53rd Way & Tokul Road SE.
- Lake Alice (Fall City) – Pick up at trail head at SE 56th St.; no transportation into Heather Crest.
- Lake Marie (Fall City) – Pick up at 356th Ave. SE at the first entrance to Spring Glenn.
- SE 80th St. (Coal Mine Rd.) - Pick up at SE 80th St & 378th Ave SE.
- SNOQUALMIE RIDGE:
- No side roads will be serviced.
- No bus service to Cascade View Elementary.
- Aster Creek - Pick up on SE Jacobia St. (west side of street, between Hancock Ave. SE and Snoqualmie Parkway)
- Azalea (HS/MS only) - Pick up at Azalea Way SE & SE Muir St.
- Carmichael - Stopping along Carmichael Ave. SE, not beyond SE Sorenson St & Carmichael Ave. SE.
- Deer Park (HS/MS students only) - Pick up at SE Swensen Dr. at the Woodland Townhomes. Elementary students - No bus service for SE Swensen Dr. to TRES.
- Eagle Point (HS/MS only) - Pick up on Swenson Dr. SE at SE Vaughan St. (Across from TRES) OR SE Jacobia St. (west side of street, between Hancock Ave. SE and Snoqualmie Parkway)
- Eagle Lake (HS/MS only) - Pick up at Fairway Ave. SE & SE Ridge St.
- Alderra Estates – Pick up at entrance at 278th Ave SE & Duthie Hill Road.
- Ames Lake –
- No side roads serviced. Pick up at the entrance of all developments along Ames Lake Road.
- No transportation around Ames Lake. Pick up at NE 34th St. & NE 40th St.
- Blakely Wood, Hawthorn Ridge, 290th Ave NE, Tolt Hill Road - Pick up at 290th Ave NE & Tolt Hill Road.
- David Powell Road – Pick up at the entrance.
- Devereux / Camden Park Area – Pick up at Ames Lake Road @ 264th AVE NE *stop times may vary, please confirm with your driver.
- Fall City Uplands – Pick up at 328th Ave SE & SE 48th St.
- Issaquah-Fall City Road – Pick up at the lower Issaquah-Fall City Road at the junction of SE 40th St & Issaquah-Fall City Road.
- Lake Alice & Lake Marie - see AREA B above.
- Montaine – Pick up at 278th Ave. SE and the park.
- Riverview Mobile Park – Pick up at "Y" stop sign.
- SE 8th St. & 292nd Ave NE – Pick up at Highway 202 & SE 8th St.
Stop Times please be at your limited transportation bus stop 5 minutes before your regular stop time. The buses will hold at the limited stops for the same amount of time it would take them to service the area. Please also note, when buses are chained up the maximum speed is 25mph; therefore, buses could be running behind schedule. If delay exceeds 10 minutes, a Bus Bulletin notification will be sent by route.Flooding generally affects the Snoqualmie and Fall City areas. Rerouting is possible in most of the following areas and alternate pick up and drop off locations will be established, depending on the area affected. The areas in our school district, which are most commonly affected by flooding, include:
TRANSPORTATION ROAD CLOSURE PRACTICES
- Snoqualmie: 396th (Meadowbrook Way at Trestle), Fir Street, Northern Street
- Fall City: Fish Hatchery Road, Neal Road, 324th, SE 24th, and David Powell Road
When road conditions are such that school buses cannot drive their assigned routes, parents need to decide to either transport their student(s) or keep them home for the day.PARENT NOTIFICATIONS RE: SPECIFIC BUS ROUTESWhen conditions impact specific bus routes, the Transportation Department uses the Bus Bulletin notification system when routes may be delayed more than 10 minutes. Click here to sign up for Bus Bulletin service . First use E-Link to verify a student's bus route then sign up for that route in Bus Bulletin. Notifications are used for specific routes only; when conditions impact the entire region, refer to the communication resources above for district-wide updates. Logging into your account and adding your route number is required every year, since routes are adjusted over the summer and Bus Bulletin is cleared.
NOTE: Not every emergency situation can be anticipated. Occasionally, after a decision is made early in the morning, conditions that impact the safe transportation of students may quickly change and merit an adjustment. Families are encouraged to double check the communication resources above, just before leaving home for school, in case conditions have worsened. Also, parents should develop an emergency plan with their children, and make sure their school has their accurate contact information, in the event of an early closure.
To learn how decisions are made around schedule changes, read Be Prepared for School Schedule Changes.For additional questions, please contact the Transportation department at 425-831-8020.
Emergency Transportation Information (pdf) Since a power outage could impact access to this web page, print this pdf to keep a hard copy handy for reference on mornings of questionable weather.