Emergency Transportation Information
2021-22 SCHOOL YEAREmergencies such as snow, ice, power outages and floods can alter school schedules and affect bus transportation for students. Please refer to this information if you are in doubt about conditions impacting the status of school. During inclement weather, Puget Sound area media will carry school closure information between 5:00 and 8:30 a.m.
Potential announcements may say:
- All staff/parents/guardians will receive a call-out/email/text notification about school delays and closures.
- www.svsd410.org - Check the top headline.
- Emergency Hotline (425) 831-8494
- www.FlashAlert.net - You can also sign up for email/text notifications sent to media, or check this website to see what other school districts have posted.
- FlashAlert Messenger app - Download free app for notices sent to local media.
- Check radio and TV stations
- District Facebook: facebook.com/svsd410/ and District Twitter: @SnoqValleySD
If there is no message about Snoqualmie Valley School District #410, schools are open on a normal schedule.SNOW ROUTES: Since our school district spans over 400 square miles and 1,000+ feet of elevation, adverse weather conditions may affect neighborhoods differently. Therefore, the District is divided into three geographic areas for limited transportation services: Areas A, B, and C. Occasionally, when only high elevation locations are affected (by snow) or only lower elevations are impacted (by flooding), bus route adjustments may be identified by these areas. For example, you may see “Limited Transportation in Area A: River Bend, Wilderness Rim, the Uplands only” included in the district's weather notification.Be sure to verify which AREA you live in and learn where your student's "snow route" bus stop is located. If you do not see your neighborhood listed, go to your student's regular bus stop location.AREA "A" NORTH BEND
- “Schools Closed” All campus activities are canceled for that day. No transportation. (A make-up day will be needed later.)
- “Two-hour Late Start" Schools will begin two hours late. No AM Preschool. No out-of-district transportation. Buses will run two hours later than their regular schedule in the morning, then schools will dismiss at the usual time in the afternoon.
- “Schools Open with Limited Transportation”… Bus service on shortened routes due to challenging road conditions for Areas A, B and/or C. Limited Transportation (also refered to as "Snow Routes") will apply all day. Students will be delivered after school to the same place as their morning pick-up location.
AREA "B" SNOQUALMIE plus, LAKE MARIE and LAKE ALICE
- 468th Ave. SE & Edgewick Road – All side roads meet at Edgewick Road. Route goes to 464th Way SE and turns around at the end.
- Cedar Falls Road – No side roads serviced past River Bend and no service past Wilderness Rim. If this road closes, there will be no bus transportation on Cedar Falls Road.
- Forster Wood - Meet at entrance.
- Middle Fork Road – Bus will turn around at Twin Falls Middle School.
- Mt. Si Road – No side roads serviced and no service beyond 470th (River Point).
- Tannerwood – Pick up at west entrance at 140th Street.
- Uplands – Pick up at
415th Ave. SE and SE 142nd Street.
- Wilderness Rim – Main road only; no side street service or stops around the lake. Route 9 will be HS/MS snow route bus, please have your student look out for this bus on snow route days.
- Wood River – Pick up at both entrances at 140th Street.
AREA "C" FALL CITY
- 96th St. & Echo Lake – Pick up at entrance to 96th.
- Ernie's Grove - Pick up at SE 72nd St. & 444th Ave SE.
- Highland Drive & Tokul Road – Pick up at 3 intersections: Main Line & 396th Drive SE.; 396th Dr. SE and SE 53rd St.; and, SE 53rd Way & Tokul Road SE.
- Lake Alice (Fall City) – Pick up at trail head at SE 56th St.; no transportation into Heather Crest.
- Lake Marie (Fall City) – Pick up at 356th Ave. SE at the first entrance to Spring Glenn.
- SE 80th St. (Coal Mine Rd.) - Pick up at SE 80th St & 378th Ave SE.
- SNOQUALMIE RIDGE:
- No side roads will be serviced.
- No bus service to Cascade View Elementary.
- Aster Creek - Pick up on SE Jacobia St. (west side of street, between Hancock Ave. SE and Snoqualmie Parkway)
- Azalea (HS/MS only) - Pick up at Azalea Way SE & SE Muir St.
- Carmichael - Stopping along Carmichael Ave. SE, not beyond SE Sorenson St & Carmichael Ave. SE.
- Deer Park (HS/MS students only) - Pick up at SE Swensen Dr. at the Woodland Townhomes. Elementary students - No bus service for SE Swensen Dr. to TRES.
- Eagle Point (HS/MS only) - Pick up on Swenson Dr. SE at SE Vaughan St. (Across from TRES) OR SE Jacobia St. (west side of street, between Hancock Ave. SE and Snoqualmie Parkway)
- Eagle Lake (HS/MS only) - Pick up at Fairway Ave. SE & SE Ridge St.
- Alderra Estates – Pick up at entrance at 278th Ave SE & Duthie Hill Road.
- Ames Lake –
- No side roads serviced. Pick up at the entrance of all developments along Ames Lake Road.
- No transportation around Ames Lake. Pick up at NE 34th St. & NE 40th St.
- Blakely Wood, Hawthorn Ridge, 290th Ave NE, Tolt Hill Road - Pick up at 290th Ave NE & Tolt Hill Road.
- David Powell Road – Pick up at the entrance.
- Devereux / Camden Park Area – Pick up at Ames Lake Road @ 264th AVE NE *stop times may vary, please confirm with your driver.
- Fall City Uplands – Pick up at 328th Ave SE & SE 48th St.
- Issaquah-Fall City Road – Pick up at the lower Issaquah-Fall City Road at the junction of SE 40th St & Issaquah-Fall City Road.
- Lake Alice & Lake Marie - see AREA B above.
- Montaine – Pick up at 278th Ave. SE and the park.
- Riverview Mobile Park – Pick up at "Y" stop sign.
- SE 8th St. & 292nd Ave NE – Pick up at Highway 202 & SE 8th St.
Stop Times: Please be at your snow route bus stop 5 minutes before your regular stop time. The buses will hold at the limited stops for the same amount of time it would take them to service the area. When buses are chained up, the maximum speed is 25 mph, so buses could be running behind schedule. If delay exceeds 10 minutes, families will be notified via Smart Tag & Bus Bulletin. (Sign up for these free services below.)Flooding generally affects the Snoqualmie and Fall City areas. Rerouting is possible in most of the following areas; alternate pick-up/drop-off locations will be established, depending on the situation. Areas most commonly affected by flooding include:
Road Closures: When road conditions are such that school buses cannot drive their assigned routes, parents need to decide to either transport their student(s) or keep them home for the day. Please call your school if your student's attendance is impacted.PARENT NOTIFICATIONS RE: SPECIFIC BUS ROUTES
- Snoqualmie: 396th (Meadowbrook Way at Trestle), Fir Street, Northern Street
- Fall City: Fish Hatchery Road, Neal Road, 324th, SE 24th, and David Powell Road
Our Transportation Team uses two notification services, Bus Bulletin and Smart Tag Parent Portal, to notify a parent or guardian when their child's school bus will be delayed more than 10 minutes. TO SIGN UP: First, confirm your student’s bus route using E-Link. Then register for free notifications about your specific route (choose email, text, voice):
NOTE: Not every emergency situation can be anticipated. Occasionally, after a decision is made early in the morning, conditions that impact the safe transportation of students may quickly change and merit an adjustment. Families are encouraged to double check the communication resources above, just before leaving home for school, in case conditions have worsened. Also, parents should develop an emergency plan with their children, and make sure their school has their accurate contact information, in the event of an early closure.
To learn how decisions are made around schedule changes, read Be Prepared for School Schedule Changes.For additional questions, contact the Transportation department at 425-831-8020.
Since a power or internet outage could impact access to this webpage, it's a good idea to print a hard copy to keep for handy reference.