My classroom expectations are simple:
Children learn to listen and follow directions respectfully, responsibly, and safely. Second Grade uses 5 Whole Brain rules which provide opportunities for consistent and positive behaviors.
- Children learn to treat others (teachers, classmates, and family), with kindness and respect through words and actions.
- Children participate and complete work to the best of their ability.
- Children learn to take responsibility for their choices, behavior, and learning.
- Children feel good about who they are and identify themselves as creative, empowered, and capable learners.
- Children develop a love of learning and have fun at school.
Students will also take ownership in helping to create classroom expected and unexpected behaviors throughout the year. I will provide explanations, modeling, practice, praise and more practice!! Together, we will work to help your child learn to successfully navigate their way through the classroom environment with the goal of them feeling excited and capable of learning. If you have any concerns about any of the above stated expectations in terms of how your child is doing, please feel free to contact me!