Bus Rider Information
Riding the bus for the first time can be a stressful experience for both parents and children. Our drivers are qualified to ease everyone into what school bus riding involves.
In the first few weeks of riding, the driver will focus on teaching bus rules and bus behavior. Throughout the school year, there will be ongoing management of each bus group. Young students need reminders and have opportunities to earn rewards. We remind them that all of the rules are for safety and that the bus driver’s job is to get them home safely. Safety is the paramount concern, and we can work together to make sure that your kids go to and from school safely, and comfortably.The following are expectations for bus riders:
- Students should sit in their seat, not stand or get up on their knees.
- Talk in moderate and reasonable tones, no yelling.
- No eating on the bus.
- Listen to the bus driver.
- No hanging outside the window.
- No throwing of anything.
- No walking around while the bus is in motion.
- Respect others by keeping hands to oneself.
- Stay seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- No glass, pets, plants, or large objects that encumber a student getting on and off.
Talking these things over with your children will lend huge support to our drivers!
Other Riding Expectations:
- It is required that a responsible adult or sibling accompany all preschool and kindergarten students to and from their bus stop. If no one is at the stop to meet them on their return, the student will be taken back to the school of origin.
- Be at the bus stop 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- If you have a stop where your child crosses in front of the bus, please let the driver be the one to control the situation when crossing your child.
- Bus Passes are for emergency purposes only.
- In the event of an emergency please call the school office to request a bus pass. They will confirm space is available on the requested route and issue a green bus pass for your child to hand to the bus driver. In the event the requested route is at capacity, a bus pass will not/cannot be issued. Please have a backup plan in place.
- No Bus Passes will be issued district wide on Fridays.
- If you would like your child to get off at another stop on their same assigned route, send a note to your bus driver or call the school office to request a bus pass; your child must have written permission to use a bus stop that is not their assigned stop.
If you need to cancel your pick up or talk to your driver you can call transportation at 425-831-8020.