Technology Donation Procedures
In the interest of securing technology donations that support our curricular program, these procedures will be followed.
All donations are to the Snoqualmie Valley School District. The Technology Director has the responsibility to determine deployment of donations.
Windows OS donations are to be less than three years old. Donations for Apple computers are not needed at this time. The school district is currently not using Apple computers in schools.
Donations of software must meet the following criteria:
- compatible with current district equipment and operating systems
- approved for use by the building principal (and Curriculum Team if appropriate)
- requires no additional hardware/software purchase unless approved by the District Technology Director
- does not obligate the district to ongoing cost or annual subscription
Printer donations are to be less than three years old and have the following minimum components:
- Laser quality – No inkjet printers will be accepted
- Connectivity - Network ready
- Print speed 20 ppm
- Print quality 1200 X 1200 dpi
Acceptance of hardware and software donations is contingent upon availability of adequate technology support.