Open Enrollment within Snoqualmie Valley School District
The Open Enrollment window for the 2021-22 school year will be in March 2021.
For K-North Open Enrollment information, click here.The Open Enrollment period is the time each year when families may request to attend a school other than their assigned neighborhood school for the next school year (in-district transfers). Open Enrollment is only open to students who live within the Snoqualmie Valley School District.(If your student does not live within the Snoqualmie Valley School District boundaries and you'd like to enroll in our district, you will need to apply for a CHOICE transfer not Open Enrollment.)You can apply for a transfer to any school within the district that has been determined to be "Open" or has "Limited Variances". Please note that at elementary or middle schools identified as Limited Variances, there may be specific grade levels within the school that are at enrollment capacity and therefore "Closed" to open enrollment. Refer to the charts below to determine whether a school is available for a transfer request. Applications to these schools are not guaranteed acceptance. If approved through Open Enrollment, your student will attend the new school beginning the first day of school, in the next school year.The middle school feeder pattern is as follows:
- Students who live in the attendance area for Fall City Elementary and Timber Ridge Elementary will attend Chief Kanim Middle School.
- Students who live in the attendance area for Cascade View Elementary and Snoqualmie Elementary will attend Snoqualmie Middle School.
- Students who live in the attendance area for Opstad Elementary and North Bend Elementary will attend Twin Falls Middle School.
Variances Are Limited
Due to increasing enrollment and the class size reduction initiative, many grade levels are now closed to new in-district transfers. Students currently attending a school other than their assigned neighborhood school may re-apply to a closed school and their applications will be considered.
In schools listed with Limited Variances, if the number of applicants exceeds the available transfer spaces at a particular grade level in a school, the process outlined below will be followed, and a lottery may be conducted after the close of the Open Enrollment period. The Student Placement Office will maintain a waiting list for those schools, if a lottery is necessary. The process for accepting transfer requests when an open school/grade level receives more requests than the specific number of available spaces at that school is as follows:
- First priority is given to students previously granted an open enrollment transfer request and currently enrolled in the requested school.
- Should spaces remain available, next priority is given to students with a concurrently enrolled sibling at the requested school. Should requests exceed spaces available, a lottery will be conducted.
- Should spaces remain after consideration of siblings, a lottery will be conducted for the remaining spaces.
No waiting list will be carried over from year to year.
For best consideration please submit your application by March 31, 2021.
Parents are required to provide transportation for their student(s) who attends a school through an open enrollment transfer. Student(s) must continue to meet his/her school's attendance expectations. For this information, please refer to your school's Student Handbook.
The Student Placement office will approve or deny transfers based on:
•Projected enrollment numbers for the building and specific grade level at the requested school
•Projected staffing levels
Note: Closed means closed to all new Open Enrollment requests.
How to apply for Open Enrollment transfer:
Snoqualmie Valley School DistrictAttn: Student PlacementPO Box 400Snoqualmie WA 98065
- You may not request a school that has been identified with a "closed" designation unless your student is currently open enrolled there. Any new request submitted for a closed school will be returned.
- A separate form is required for each child.
- The district will notify you whether or not your variance has been approved. Typically, notification will occur within the May/June time frame.
When to apply:
- For best consideration please submit your application by March 31, 2021.
When to re-apply:
- Families should re-apply for in-district transfers annually during the Open Enrollment period.