Home School Enrollment

  • Home-Based Instruction

    Home-Based Instruction, often referred to as Home Schooling, requires a completed Declaration of Intent form for a child or children to receive home-based instruction in lieu of attendance or enrollment in a public school. This statement must be filed annually by September 15 or within two weeks of the beginning a trimester or semester in Snoqualmie Valley School District. This form should be submitted to the Superintendent's Office, c/o Christi Wright, PO Box 400, Snoqualmie WA 98045 or electronically to wrightc@svsd410.org.


    For more information regarding Home-Based instruction please refer to Washington State's Law Regulating Home-Based Instruction.


    Important Consideration for High School Aged Students 

    Home-based coursework will not qualify for Snoqualmie Valley School District Credit and will not be counted on a high school transcript toward a diploma, as it is not being completed at an approved public or private school. A diploma, however, may be earned through parent(s) or other outside agencies. *Policy #2410.


    Home School Running Start

    If your home-based student is interested in participating in Running Start you must file a Declaration of Intent to Provide Home-Based Instruction  and turn in to Christi Wright at the district office. The form must be completed for each school year that your student is in the program.

    This form will also need to be completed Not Pursuing a SVSD Diploma.

    If your child is not currently enrolled in our district, please complete the New Student Online Enrollment.