NEW RUNNING START STUDENTS
Learning About Running Start
Students and families who are interested in Running Start and missed our Dual Credit Night can learn more about the program by:
- Reviewing the MSHS Counseling Center's Running Start PowerPoint presentation.
- Learning about our other Dual Credit Options.
Applying to Running Start
STEP 1: Complete the Bellevue College Running Start application at https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/runningstart/future/admissions/. STEP 2: Check your email for a response from BC and follow their instructions, completing all registration steps before the designated deadlines; steps include time sensitive English and math placement (see below). NOTE: Make sure to check your junk mail and BC email address. STEP 3: Read & sign the MSHS Running Start Agreement. NOTE: Review the Running Start Program Eligibility Requirements & Scope to confirm that you meet the criteria to participate in the program. STEP 4: Get an idea of the classes you wish to take using the following: • MSHS Course Equivalency Sheet • BC's course catalog (check BC website or contact BC Center for High School Programs by phone at 425-564-2026 or by email to email@example.com). STEP 5: After completing all BC registration steps, schedule an appointment with your counselor. • Meetings will take place April 15 - 26; parent attendence is strongly suggested. • Bring the following items to your appointment: 1. Signed RS Agreement 2. 2019-2020 Enrollment Verification Form with the top portion completed 3. List of BC courses you would like to take during Fall Quarter 4. Proof of English & Math placement (read info below)
Completing English & Math Placement at Bellevue College
There are 3 ways to complete placement:
· Email your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response
within 2 working days.
· Take your transcript into Bellevue College Testing Services office. BC will complete
placement while you are there.
2. If you are in 11th grade, submit SBA ELA and SBA Math test scores. 10th graders will not have
SBA results until the summer after their sophomore year.
3. Take the English and/or Math placement exam(s). BC Testing Services hours and information
is available HERE.
BC Running Start Testing Resources