NEW RUNNING START STUDENTS
Students and families who missed Dual Credit Night can learn more by reviewing MSHS Counseling Center's Running Start Presentation and MSHS Dual Credit Options.
Applying to Running Start
STEP 1: Complete the college's Running Start application on their website. Bellevue College application can be found HERE. STEP 2:
Check your email for instructions from BC and complete all outlined enrollment steps, including placement, by designated deadlines.
NOTE: Make sure to check your junk mail! STEP 3: Get an idea of the classes you wish to take using the following: • MSHS BC Course Equivalency Guide • BC's course catalog (check BC website or contact BC Center for High School Programs by phone at 425-564-2026 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org). STEP 4: Review the MSHS Running Start Agreement Video and read & sign the MSHS Running Start Agreement NOTE: Review the Running Start Program Eligibility Requirements & Scope to confirm that you meet the criteria to participate in the program. STEP 5: Schedule a phone appointment with your counselor, using their Appointment Request Form: Running Start Appointment Request - Partridge Running Start Appointment Request - Raff Running Start Appointment Request - Jacobs • When completing the the RS Appointment Request Form, you will upoad the following items: 1. MSHS Running Start Agreement, completed and signed 2. 2020-2021 Enrollment Verification Form, with the top portion completed 4. Proof of English & Math placement (read info below) • Phone appointments will take place the week of April 20th. Parent attendance is strongly encouraged.
English & Math Placement at Bellevue College
Option 1: Provide BC with a copy of your unofficial high school transcript.
- Review the following for placement via a transcript: English Composition Placement Matrix and Math Placement Matrix for SVSD Students
- Email your transcript to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 2 working days.
- Take your transcript into Bellevue College Testing Services office. BC will complete placement while you are there.
Option 2: If you are in 11th grade, submit SBA ELA and SBA Math test scores.
- 10th graders will not SBA results until the summer after their sophomore year.
Option 3: Take the English and/or Math placement exam(s).
- BC Testing Services hours and information is available HERE.
Bellevue College Running Start Testing Resources