NEW RUNNING START STUDENTS
Students and families who missed Dual Credit Night can learn more by reviewing MSHS Counseling Center's Running Start Presentation and MSHS Dual Credit Options.
Applying to Running Start
STEP 1: Complete the college's Running Start application on their website. Bellevue College application can be found HERE. STEP 2:
Check your email for further instructions from BC and complete all outlined enrollment steps before the designated deadlines.
NOTE: Make sure to check your junk mail!
STEP 3: Read & sign the MSHS Running Start Agreement. NOTE: Review the Running Start Program Eligibility Requirements & Scope to confirm that you meet the criteria to participate in the program. STEP 4: Get an idea of the classes you wish to take using the following: • MSHS BC Course Equivalency Guide • BC's course catalog (check BC website or contact BC Center for High School Programs by phone at 425-564-2026 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org). STEP 5: After completing all BC registration steps, schedule an appointment with your counselor. • Meetings will take place April 20 - May 1. Parent attendence is strongly encouraged. • Bring the following items to your appointment: 1. Signed RS Agreement 2. 2020-2021 Enrollment Verification Form with the top portion completed 3. List of college courses you would like to take during Fall Quarter 4. Proof of English & Math placement (read info below)
English & Math Placement at Bellevue College
Option 1: Provide BC with a copy of your unofficial high school transcript.
- Review the following for placement via a transcript: English Composition Placement Matrix and Math Placement Matrix for SVSD Students
- Email your transcript to email@example.com. You will receive a response within 2 working days.
- Take your transcript into Bellevue College Testing Services office. BC will complete placement while you are there.
Option 2: If you are in 11th grade, submit SBA ELA and SBA Math test scores.
- 10th graders will not SBA results until the summer after their sophomore year.
Option 3: Take the English and/or Math placement exam(s).
- BC Testing Services hours and information is available HERE.
Bellevue College Running Start Testing Resources