Interpretation Services and Translation
Para traducir esta página, haga clic en la pestaña 'Translate' en la esquina superior derecha de esta página.
Для того, чтобы перевести эту страницу, нажмите на вкладке «Translate» в правом верхнем углу этой страницы.
اس صفحہ کا ترجمہ کرنے کے لئے، اس صفحے کے اوپری دائیں کونے میں 'مترجم' کے ٹیب پر کلک کریں.
You are an important part of your child’s education. The Snoqualmie Valley School District provides limited English proficient parents with information, in their own language, so they can make informed decisions about their children's education. This includes interpretation and translation services for vital meetings and communications. If you receive information that is not in your language, please let the school know you would like it translated in writing or explained orally to you in your language. For further assistance with translation or interpretation services please contact Monica Heimbigner, Director of Equity & Categorical Services, or email us at email@example.com.
When is translation and interpretation required?
School districts in Washington State are required by law to provide translated materials for their non-English speaking families in languages that exceed 5% of the District's total parent population or 1,000 persons, whichever is less. Information about this can be found in School Board Policy 4218.
How does the Snoqualmie Valley School District meet these needs?
To provide our students, staff, and families the best support in education, the Snoqualmie Valley School District offers language services for families whose home language is not English. These services can be accessed in a variety of ways at no cost to our students, parents/guardians, and staff:
By calling or emailing the school, teacher, school leader, or district office
Through Parent Square
On the district website
Schools and the district office offer interpreter services through a language service provider
Emailing the district office language access coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request an interpreter to help you communicate either over the phone or during face-to-face conferences. The interpreter can be requested by a parent or by an SVSD staff member. To make arrangements, please contact your child's school, teacher, school leader, or district office and/or submit an Interpreter Request Form to email@example.com.
For translation services, please contact your child's school, teacher, school leader, or email your request to the district office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Public Translation Service Options
- ParentSquare: Parents can automatically receive communications in a language that they choose
- Website translation:
- The SVSD has a Translate tab at the very top of our webpages. This tab accesses Google Translate to convert our website copy into any language selected.
- Computer-based translation tools:
- Microsoft Translator for Education. This is a free app that can be used on Android, iOS, Windows desktop.: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/education/
- Google Translate, http://translate.google.com. Google Translate is a “Free” automatic translator that works without the intervention of human translators, using state-of-the-art technology instead. While Google translate gives the general idea, it is not grammatically perfect. If you choose to use this service, please add a disclaimer, “Translated by Google service, http://translate.google.com” to your translated document.
- Skyward Family Access Spanish Resources
- Skyward Family Access translation:
- Open Google Chrome web browser
- Go to Skyward Family Access.
- Right, Click on an empty space in the page and select Translate to English. (image 1)
- This will give you an error since the page is already in English. Select the Options button to change the translation language. The example below shows Spanish as the selected language. Click the Translate button. (image 2)
- Next log into Skyward Family Access. The new windows will be in English, but you can change it easily by right-clicking a blank area of the screen and selecting“Translate to (your language)” Your language is the one you selected previously. (image 3)
- Families can access Skyward in their heritage language, using Google Translator. To turn on translation in Google Chrome for Skyward use: