Technology & IT Support
Technology & Internet Access for All Students
Ensuring equity, access and support for all SVSD students includes making sure all families have a device and internet access. This is necessary for students to access learning opportunities online and stay connected with their teachers. Scroll down for information about:
- Internet Access
- Midcrosoft Teams
NEED HELP? For Technology and IT support, please e-mail SVSDinfo@svsd410.org with the following info:
- First and last name of your student
- School your student attends
- Specific IT issue you are experiencing
The District has been lending laptops to families of students in grades K-5 who did not have a way for their student to access online learning from home, based on those who responded to the district's survey regarding this need. If you missed this opportunity and still need assistance with a device, please email SVSDinfo@svsd410.org as soon as possible. NOTE: Earlier this year, all SVSD students in grades 6-12 were assigned laptops for use at home.
The District has placed an order for hot spot devices to help families who requested assistance with internet service, however the estimated delivery date is mid-April. In the meantime, Comcast is offering special deals in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. If you have not indicated that you require assistance with internet service, please email SVSDinfo@svsd410.org. You will be contacted when hot spot devices become available.
Additionally, Comcast/Xfinity is offering support as follows:
- New Internet Essentials customers can receive 60 days complimentary service, then the monthly fee will default to $9.95/month. Sign up at: InternetEssentials.com.
- Xfinity WiFi Free for Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots will be available across the country to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. Visit www.xfinity.com/wifi for a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
As we continue with the school closures, schoolwork and information is being shared by teachers on Schoology. We encourage parents to create their own Schoology account to access the information that is being shared with students.
- Each student has one unique access code that parents need to create a Schoology account.
- Please email one of your student’s teachers and they can provide the unique student access code for your student.
- NOTE: You do not need a code for each course your student is taking, but you do need an access code for each SVSD student in your household.
Parent Schoology Tip Sheet
Download a Schoology Parent Tip Sheet HERE for help with:
- Creating A Parent Schoology Account
- Viewing Student Schoology Account(s) & Adding Additional Students
- Navigating Schoology
Student “How To” Guide
- Access the Schoology Help & "How To" Guide for Students webpage for help with Schoology. Click on a help topic or type a question in the search field for information.
- Instructions for Submitting Assignments - Available HERE.
With schools across the nation suddenly turning to online learning platforms, education technology companies are experiencing high traffic volumes. Schoology is reporting there may occasionally be intermittent issues as it works to increase its site stability and capacity. If you experience an error in loading a page, refreshing the page once or twice should help resolve the issue.
Schoology is the Learning Management System that our district has adopted, and which all SVSD staff at our secondary levels are using to share remote learning activities during the closure. PLEASE NOTE: With schools across the nation suddenly turning to online learning platforms, Schoology and other companies are experiencing high traffic volumes. Schoology is reporting there may occasionally be some intermittent issues as it works to increase its site stability and capacity. If you experience an error in loading a page, refreshing the page once or twice should help resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Teachers may schedule remote classes with the Microsoft Teams application. To download Microsoft Teams to one-to-one devices, middle and high school students can type 'Microsoft Store' in the Windows search bar and follow the instructions found HERE.