Please scroll down for information about local food services:
- Weekday "Grab & Go" Lunch & Breakfast from Snoqualmie Valley School District
- Snoqualmie Valley Food Bank Dinners
- Helping Hands Weekend Backpack Program for Students
- United Way Food Services offered throughout King County
"Grab & Go" Lunch & Breakfast
SVSD is providing sack lunches and breakfasts, free of charge, for children up to 18 years of age, and special education students through age 21 -- for the duration of the school closures. Our Food Services staff are delivering meals curbside to vehicles at SVSD elementary school locations (listed below), plus deliveries via several bus routes are available in many neighborhoods. Families do not need to qualify through the Free and Reduced Price School Meal Program, and no paperwork is needed. Per social distancing guidelines, meals are packaged "to go" intended to be eaten at home, not on school campuses.
- Who is eligible? All children up to 18 years of age, and special education students through age 21.
- What's provided: Two free “grab and go” meals per day -- a sack lunch to eat at home, and breakfast items for the next morning.
- When: Monday - Friday
- Where: (See pick-up locations below)
- The program began March 18, and will continue for the duration of the school closure.
- UPDATE: SVSD meals will not be available on Memorial Day, Monday, May 25.
- UPDATE: Thursday, June 25 is the last day that SVSD meals will be offered.
We want to make sure all children can receive nutritional support, and understand there may be times when students are ill or busy with online classes at scheduled pick-up times. Therefore, if a student cannot be present to pick up a meal in person, another family member may pick up their meals for them.
PICK UP LOCATIONS:
- 5 Elementary School Locations (times vary):
- Plus, Bus Delivery Sites (See chart below)
In addition to the school sites, meals are being delivered to several neighborhoods throughout the District. Locations were identified in response to feedback received from families unable to travel to the designated school sites. Meals will be served out of the back of the school buses. Please practice social distancing - leaving 6 feet between you and others - as you await your turn.
Locations and Times of Bus Deliveries
- IMPORTANT: If you cannot access any of these locations and need food assistance for your students, please contact SVSD Director of Food Services Pam Chambers at: email@example.com, so we can consider other options to provide needed meals.
Free Dinner & Weekend Meals
- Snoqualmie Valley Food Bank will provide food for dinner meals. Check their website for details. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-888-SVFB (7832).
- Helping Hands Weekend Backpack Program will provide food for students over the weekend. They plan to be at the schools noted above each Friday to equip families with supplies for the weekend. For questions, please contact: email@example.com or call 425-888-0096.
- For Food Services throughout King County at United Way COVID-19 Resources. (Click on their 'Food Services' webpage.)