COVID-19 Positive Guidance
Individuals who have tested positive for COVID in the past 10 days should isolate and not return to school for in-person learning until they have communicated with the school nurse and have been cleared to return. Your school nurse can be contacted through the school office.
SVSD follows the Department of Health isolation guidelines for individuals with COVID-19 which currently advises:
- A student or staff member with confirmed COVID-19 can return to school or work when:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appear, AND
- At least 24 hours have passed since the fever has resolved (without the use of medications) and symptoms have improved.
- Asymptomatic individuals with confirmed COVID-19 can return to school when:
- 10 days have passed since the date of the COVID-19 test.
For complete Washington State Department of Health guidance, please refer to: What to do if you have confirmed or suspected COVID-19
If you are concerned about your student’s health, please notify your healthcare provider and your school nurse, and do not send your student to school.