Do You Qualify for World Language Competency Testing?
Who Qualifies For Testing?
Multilingual students in grades 8 through 12 qualify for testing.
Is It A Good Fit For Me?
If you answer “Yes, I can do this fairly easily” to each statement in a language other than English, then you will probably be able to earn at least 1-2 credits. If you can answer “Yes, I can do this very easily” to all of the statements, then you may be able to earn 3-4 credits when you get tested:
- I can understand ideas on familiar topics expressed through phrases, short sentences, and frequently used expressions (Listening).
- I can understand the main idea and some details in simple texts that contain familiar vocabulary (Reading).
- I can exchange information with another person about familiar tasks, topics, and activities (Person-to-Person Communication).
- I can use a series of phrases and sentences to provide basic information about familiar topics (Spoken Production).
- I can write simple descriptions and short messages and request or provide information on familiar topics (Writing).