Welcome to Chief Kanim Middle School – home of the HAWKS!!
General Information 2022-2023
- Sign Up for Friday Enews – Follow directions for Chief Kanim link at the SVSD Website – E News (on the Quick links down the side), also at the Chief Kanim website. This is our primary method of communication with families.
- Attendance – Call the attendance line – 425 831-8226 if your child will be absent. For absences longer than 5 days, complete a Planned Absence Request form and turn in to the office for Principal approval. Homework will need to be made up during the long term absence.
- Transportation – for any bus route information call 425 831-8020. Do not forget your BUS TAG!
- Health Room – Our school nurse is here full time.
- Vaccinations – Please make sure you have completed the immunizations required for school. List is available on the District website. 7th graders need Tdap booster on file before start of school.
- Medication - There are forms on the SVSD Website for having medication on file for your child. If your child requires medication at school then your child will be required have Physician orders on file with the nurse as well.
- Schedules - Can be found online using the Skyward Family Access program. Changes are made ONLY with the approval of the counselor and teacher/parent consent.
- After School Activities – we currently offer the following clubs: Book Club, Gaming Club, Art Club, Science Club, Golf Club and Drama Club. All three are open to every grade.
- CKMS PTSA – Volunteers are always needed to help at events, dances and more! Check the website at ckmsptsa.org.
- Any questions? PLEASE feel free to ask in the Office, or call at 425 831-8225, and we can help facilitate any concerns. Always check our website for updates on all school activities – http://www.svsd410.org/Domain/13.