Skip To Main Content

Employee Handbook

The Snoqualmie Valley School District Employee Handbook provides an online guide to our District's policies and procedures. Whether you are a new hire or a long-time employee, this resource is designed to help you navigate your employment journey with us successfully.  We encourage you to read and familiarize yourself with its contents thoroughly. Please keep in mind that this handbook serves as a living document and may be updated periodically with information that may also be shared in our monthly staff newsletter.

SVSD is committed to fostering a positive and inclusive work environment where each team member can thrive and contribute to our collective success.  By adhering to the principles outlined in this handbook, we aim to maintain a harmonious workplace that values and supports, respect for all, professionalism, and collaboration. 

As a valued member of the SVSD team, you play a crucial role in upholding our company's principles and contributing to a vibrant and supportive work culture.  Thank you for choosing to be a part of our organization.

Filter By Section

Employee Handbook Information

Apply for ADA Accommodation

To get information about the interactive accommodation request process or to apply for ADA accommodation, contact our HR Office at 425-831-8000. 

Please reference your Collective Bargaining Agreement posted on the District's Union Information webpage for specifics on bereavement or jury duty leave for your particular bargaining unit. You are able to enter your bereavement and jury duty leaves in Skyward. You will be required to submit evidence of jury duty service to Payroll.

Right to review teacher qualifications:  As a parent of a Title I student in the Snoqualmie Valley School District, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teachers and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:

  • Whether the state’s Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
  • Whether OSPI has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
  • The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
  • Whether any instructional assistants provide instructional services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.

If you would like to receive any of this information, please call SVSD Human Resources, 425-831-8000.

Complaints Related to Federal Programs: A citizen complaint is a written statement that alleges a violation of a federal rule, law or regulation or state regulation that applies to a federal program. Anyone can file a citizen complaint. There is no special form. There is no need to know the law that governs a federal program to file a complaint.

To file a citizen complaint, visit the OSPI website to learn more. Information is provided on steps to file a citizen complaint against:

  • a school district, educational service district (ESD), or other school service provider (subgrantee); and,
  • Washington State’s Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).

The Snoqualmie Valley School District believes that a safe, civil environment is essential to high student and staff achievement, to the free exchange of ideas central to a quality educational process, and to the development of youth as thoughtful participants in our democracy. Conversely, uncivil conduct, like other forms of disruptive behavior, interferes with a student’s ability to learn and a school’s ability to educate its students.

Civility - Policy 4011