As emerging technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) become more prevalent, SVSD is developing principles to guide the safe, effective, and responsible use of these tools for student learning and staff productivity.
Our goal is to create an environment where AI technologies empower rather than replace the human aspects of education. We embrace these technologies cautiously to prepare students and staff for a future where AI is everywhere.
This graphic from the AI guidance for Schools Toolkit developed by TeachAI, a consortium of education organizations, depicts a framework for implementing AI that we endeavor to follow. In keeping with a cautious approach, we are still very much in stages 1 and 2.
- What is artifical intelligence?
- What is generative AI?
- What PD is being provided to staff?
- At what grades levels are students able to access AI tools?
- How is SVSD ensuring my student's personally identifiable information is kept private?
- What are some examples of how AI is used to enhance teaching and learning?
- What are some ways that AI is used to improve staff productivity?