Chief Kanim Middle School (CKMS) has been serving the Fall City and surrounding communities since its doors opened in 1991, and has a caring and committed staff who serve students in grades sixth through eighth.
The school benefits from an engaged learning community of students, families and neighbors who care about education. Academic excellence is an expectation for every CKMS student. Comprehensive course selections, integrated curriculum, and engaging technology help meet the needs of student learning styles and create a solid foundation for lifelong learning.
- Washington Achievement Award winner for Overall Excellence and Excellence in Science
- Excellence in Physical Education STARS Awards
- The technology program integrates STEM curriculum across subjects.
- 75% of students participate in before/after-school clubs and sports.
- Over half of CKMS students are involved in the music program.
- Computer Science and Engineering Design classes enhance technology skills.
- The sports field has a turf surface and lighting for year-round use.
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Systems) model - PRIDE (Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Demonstrate Safety, Excellence).
- Annual drama production.
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program offers academic and social support, to help students achieve their goals of attending college.
- WEB, and ASB leadership programs promote school spirit, anti-bullying, peer mentoring, and community service.