The District has established this website to keep the community informed on collective bargaining with the Snoqualmie Valley School District employees who are represented by labor unions. The Snoqualmie Valley Education Association (SVEA) represents teachers and other certificated positions; the Snoqualmie Valley Administrative Secretaries Association (SVASA) represents secretaries; the Public School Employees of Snoqualmie Valley (PSE) represents other classified positions including bus drivers, cooks, custodians, paraeducators, and technology support staff; and, the Snoqualmie Coaches and Activities Association (SCAA) represents employees in extra-curricular positions.
Information on these webpages provide an archive on the bargaining teams’ efforts to date to reach agreement on the renewal of union contracts:
- The current SVEA bargaining agreement runs through August 31, 2019.
- The current PSE bargaining agreement runs through August 31, 2020.
- The current SVASA bargaining agreement runs through August 31, 2018.
- The current SCAA bargaining agreement runs through August 31, 2019.
Updates and related news will be posted below during collective bargaining.
- SVEA Update: This is the second year of the three-year SVEA contract that is effective through August 31, 2019. SVEA bargaining discussions this spring (2018) are focused on a single re-opener in the contract that focuses on a review of compensation in comparison to neighboring districts in an effort to remain competitive. Team members include (alphabetically): Lynn Bradwell, Jeff Hogan, Chris Jackson, Amy Jones, Tony Manjarrez, Lisa Radmer, Dan Schlotfeldt, Rhonda Schmidt, Ryan Stokes, Amy Wright, Nate Ziemkowski, and Micheal Ruiz. There are currently three meetings scheduled in the month of June(June 1, 5 and 8).
- SVASA Update: In March of 2018, discussions began regarding the full SVASA contract, which will expire August 31, 2018. Team members include (alphabetically): Lori Eubank, Jeff Hogan, Kaaren Kim, Amy Moszeter, Karen Seiser, Ryan Stokes, Michelle Trifunovic and Christi Wright. A number of bargaining sessions have been planned for May-July (May 8 and 31, June 6,19 and 28, and July 26).
- PSE Update: The latest contact was approved in December of 2017, and will be in effect through August 31, 2020. Read the headline: 3-Year Contract Approved for the District's Classified Staff.
- SVEA Update: SVEA members voted to ratify a three-year contract on August 23, and the School Board approved the agreement on September 15, 2016. The contract will be in effect through August 31, 2019.
- SVEA Update: The District and SVEA Bargaining Team reached agreement. Since February, the District and Snoqualmie Valley Education Association (SVEA) have devoted over 85 hours on negotiating a new teacher’s contract. On August 8, the Bargaining Team finalized details and celebrated reaching a tentative agreement on a three-year contract. SVEA membership will meet on August 23 to vote on the contract being recommended by the Bargaining Team. After ratification, the 2016-2019 collective bargaining agreement will be presented to the School Board for approval at their next regular meeting September 15.
- SVEA Update: At the conclusion of five sessions in June, on June 24, the Bargaining Team reported they had reached agreement on a financial compensation package for the next three years, and approved 19 contract changes and additions. The Bargaining Team will meet again August 8 to finalize some details of the contract language.
- SCAA Update: The coaches' union and SVSD agreed on a contract extension through August 31, 2019. The contract was ratified by the SCAA members and approved by the School Board in April.
- SVEA Update: Recap from Bargaining Series #2--March 1-2, 2016
- Headline: Bargaining Website Unveiled
- SVEA Update: Recap from Bargaining Series #1—February 9-10, 2016
- SVASA Update: The secretaries’ union accepted a proposal from the District to extend their three-year contract by one year (through August 31, 2018), adding a 2% salary increase for 2017-18 to be paid starting in 2016-17. This agreement was ratified by SVASA members and approved by the School Board in February of 2016.
- PSE Update: Negotiations with PSE are set to begin during the 2016-17 school year.
- SVEA Pre-Bargaining work started in May of 2015, with the Bargaining Team comprised of District and SVEA representatives, learning a new approach to labor negotiations called Interest Based Bargaining. Prior to the official start of bargaining in February, the team established group norms, topics of interest and meeting dates.
Collaboration Video - video create by the bargaining team.2016 Winter District Newsletter article – Pre-Bargaining Collaboration: Trying a Different Approach this YearJanuary 2016 At a Glance staff e-newsletter Superintendent's message – Bargaining to Begin Next MonthNovember 2015 At a Glance staff e-newsletter article – Pre-Bargaining Collaboration: Preparing for a Different Approach to NegotiationsOctober 2015 At a Glance staff e-newsletter Superintendent’s message – Preparing for Collaborative BargainingJoint Statement to Staff (June 2015) from Superintendent Joel Aune and SVEA President Lisa Radmer about Interest Based Bargaining process being explored.