To graduate from high school, all students in Washington State must develop a High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) to demonstrate how they will meet high school graduation requirements and what they will do following high school. This plan is used to guide the high school experience and prepare students for a postsecondary pathway, such as a two-year or four-year college, technical college, apprenticeship program, certificate program, the workforce, or military training. The HSBP is designed to get students thinking about their future and how to get the most out of high school. The HSBP process begins in 7th grade, with new activites and revisions to individual plans occurring each year.The High School & Beyond Plan includes the following components:
In their senior year, students present their HSBP as part of the Senior Culminating Project.To get an overview of the High School and Beyond Plan, check out the Issaquah School District video.
- Identification of career goals, aided by a skills and career interest inventory assessment;
- Identification of educational goals for graduation and beyond;
- Four-year plan for course-taking in high school that fulfills state and local graduation requirements and aligns with the student's career and educational goals;
- Resume or activity log by end of 12th grade that provides a written compilation of the student's activities/athletics, leadership opportunities, work experience, or community service that can be used for writing personal statements, application essays, or scholarship applications;
- When needed, interventions, academic support, and/or courses that enable a student to meet high school graduation requirements.
Introducing a New HSBP Tool: School Data Solutions' High School & Beyond Plan Platform
The Snoqualmie Valley School District will be transitioning to a new tool from School Data Solutions to help students develop High School and Beyond Plans ...(click to continue reading)
School CounselorsChief Kanim Middle SchoolAmy BenolkinStudents A - LJennifer HemkerStudents M - ZSnoqualmie Middle SchoolAndrea AntoneStudents M - ZJohn CoulonStudents A - LTwin Falls Middle SchoolDawn DuganStudents A - LRache BarrancoStudents M - ZMount Si High SchoolRick DempseyStudents A - DaStudents De - HoMiranda PartridgeStudents Hu - MiTwo Rivers SchoolElaine Maimon