The goal of our District Communications is to keep the community well-informed about school issues and programs, to receive information and feedback from community stakeholders on important issues, and to share and celebrate the “good news” in our Snoqualmie Valley schools, students and staff. As an extension of the Superintendent’s office, we take seriously our responsibility to conduct school business in an environment of transparency and openness. Several communications tools are utilized to help raise awareness and nurture strong relationships with parents, staff, students, the community and media.We strive to provide timely, frequent, accurate and useful information through the following channels:
- District Fact Sheet
- Subscribe to E-News for email notifications, school newsletters and important district news - select SVSD and your specific school(s).
- District E-Newsletters, called The Summit, are emailed weekly to all SVSD families and staff, and community members who subscribe.
- Social Media:
- E-Calendar consolidates activities across the district; select one school or many.
- Videos & Slideshows help tell the stories of our students with compelling images.
- E-Flyers is an online resource where community partners promote family-friendly activities and schools can invite the community to school events.
- E-Meetings/webinars allow citizens to watch select public meetings online. (Check our district headlines for upcoming meetings & zoom links.)
- Podcasts (audio recordings) of regular School Board meetings are posted online.
The Communications Office also manages:
Chief Communications Officer/PIO: Conor LaffeyPhone: (425) 831-4246Community Relations Manager: Carolyn Malcolm
- Media Inquiries
- Emergency Communications
- Strategic Planning
- Community Relations
- Two-way Engagement (surveys, Thoughtexchange, etc.)
- District Events
- Publications and Collateral (bond/levy information, safety brochure, webcopy, branding/marketing, etc.)
- Public Records Requests (To submit a request, please complete and sign our Public Records Request form, and email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Phone: (425) 831-8423