The goal of our District Communications is to keep the community well-informed about school issues and programs, to receive information and feedback from community stakeholders on important issues, and to share and celebrate the “good news” in our District and Snoqualmie Valley schools. As an extension of the Superintendent’s office, we take seriously our responsibility to conduct school business in an environment of transparency and openness. Several communications tools are utilized to help raise awareness and nurture strong relationships with parents, staff, students, the community and media.We strive to provide timely, frequent, accurate and useful information through the following channels:
- District Fact Sheet
- E-News provides email notifications on District and school activities. (Subscribe to E-News.)
- District Newsletters update school families and residents living within District boundaries 3-4 times a year.
- Social Media activities:
- At a Glance Staff E-newsletters
- E-Calendar consolidates activities across the district; select one school or many.
- E-Flyers is an online resource where community partners can promote family-friendly activities and schools can invite the community to their public events.
- E-Meetings allows for webcasting select public meetings so citizens can participate via a home computer.
- Podcasts (audio recordings) of all regular School Board meetings are posted online.
- Thoughtexchange engagement activities encourage two-way communication with the parents, students, staff and the community on a variety of topics.
The Communications Office also manages:
Public Information Officer: Carolyn Malcolm
- Media Inquiries
- Emergency Communications
- Communication Planning
- District Events (Focus on Education School Tour)
- Publications as needed (School profiles, STEM information, Freshman Campus flyer, Recruiting brochure, School bond/levy election facts, Safety materials, etc.)
- Public Records Requests
Phone: (425) 831-8423Fax: (425) 831-8040