Open Enrollment in district
- Transportation is not provided for those students accepted into their open-enrollment school.
- One form is required for each child requesting a transfer.
- The district will notify you directly of the approval of the application (May/June)
- Open enrollment requests must be made annually.
- If your student does not live within the Snoqualmie Valley School District boundaries and you'd like to enroll in our district, you will need to apply for a CHOICE transfer, not Open Enrollment.
The Student Placement office will approve or deny transfers based on the following:
- Projected enrollment numbers for the building and specific grade level at the requested school
- Projected staffing levels
- Building capacity
The middle school feeder pattern is as follows:
- Fall City Elementary and Timber Ridge Elementary students attend Chief Kanim Middle School.
- Cascade View Elementary and Snoqualmie Elementary students attend Snoqualmie Middle School.
- Opstad Elementary and North Bend Elementary students attend Twin Falls Middle School.
In schools with limited availability, if the number of applicants exceeds the available transfer spaces at a particular grade level in a school, the process outlined below will be followed, and a lottery may be conducted after the close of the Open Enrollment period. The Student Placement Team will maintain a waiting list for those schools if a lottery is necessary.
The process for accepting transfer requests when an open school/grade level receives more requests than the specific number of available spaces at that school is as follows:
1. First priority is given to students previously granted an open enrollment transfer request and currently enrolled in the requested school.
2. Should spaces remain available, next priority is given to students with a concurrently enrolled sibling at the requested school. Should requests exceed spaces available, a lottery will be conducted.
3. Should spaces remain after consideration of siblings, a lottery will be conducted for the remaining spaces.