Snoqualmie Valley School District COVID-19 Dashboard
Since August 31, 2021, our District COVID-19 Dashboard data (below) has been updated on a weekly basis, to regularly report current onsite staff and student counts. SVSD continues to follow COVID-19 guidelines from Public Health of Seattle-King County (PHSKC), Washington State Department of Health (DOH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In line with the March 12 Updated Requirements and Guidance to Mitigate COVID-19 Transmission for K-12 schools, the following changes will be made to our process for parent/guardian and employee notification, starting March 18, 2022:
- When we become aware of positive staff members or students being infectious while on site, we will continue to add those numbers to our Dashboard each Friday afternoon.
- Additionally, schools will notify any student who has been identified as immunocompromised, medically fragile, or otherwise at high risk for severe COVID-19 of potential exposure.
- The reporting of suspected in-school transmissions will change to reporting of suspected clusters or outbreaks*. We have revised our numbers to include the number of suspected clusters/outbreaks since the beginning of this school year, Aug. 31, 2021.
- If a cluster or outbreak is identified, group notifications will be made, and contract tracing may be initiated.
- Public Health will be informed of positive case counts on a weekly basis and clusters/outbreaks as soon as they are suspected. In these events, Public Health may direct us to enhance mitigation efforts such as screening testing (Test to Stay) and/or mask wearing to prevent continued disease transmission.
- The district will provide guidance to those who have been identified as a positive COVID-19 case or a close contact, explaining isolation or quarantine requirements, the individual’s targeted return date, and the criteria/process to get cleared for returning to school/work.
*Clusters and outbreaks are when multiple COVID-19 cases of students and/or staff occur within a specified core group and are epidemiologically linked in the school setting or a school-sanctioned extracurricular activity.
The district is bound by FERPA, HIPAA, and ADA regulations concerning privacy and the release of specific health information.
Enrollment and staffing numbers were last updated on 9-3-2021. COVID positive case numbers are updated weekly, beginning the week of August 31, 2021, for the 2021-2022 school year.