E-Flyer Approval with Peachjar
The Snoqualmie Valley School District allows local non-profits, charitable, for profit and civic organizations to distribute information to families about services and events, by distributing flyers. We utilize a service called Peachjar to distribute flyers electronically and ensure flyers meet accessibility standards. Upon approval, flyers are distributed via email to families and posted on each school’s website, through the E-Flyers quick link on their homepage.
Parents/Guardians: You are already subscribed to the service with the email address you provided to your child's school. You can manage your subscription (including unsubscribing) by visiting Peachjar.com.
How to Submit a Flyer for Distribution through Peachjar
To have your organization's flyer submitted through Peachjar, please follow the instructions and guidelines below. The Snoqualmie Valley School District reserves the right to decline distribution if any guidelines are not met.
- Check to make sure your flyer meets our guidelines (below).
- Go to www.peachjar.com.
- Register with Peachjar as a Program Provider (account type).
- Select desired schools for electronic distribution.
- Upload your flyer to Peachjar for approval.
The deadline to submit flyers for district approval is Monday by noon. Your flyer will automatically be submitted to district staff for review, based on the guidelines below. Once approved, the flyer will be posted on the school’s website and sent to families at selected schools via email. E-Flyer approval/distribution takes place on Tuesdays.
Peachjar will automatically add this disclaimer at the base of all approved community E-Flyers:
The Snoqualmie Valley School District does not sponsor this event and the District assumes no responsibility for it. In consideration of the privilege to distribute materials, the Snoqualmie Valley School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including all costs, attorney’s fees, judgments or awards.
FREE events, activities or services are not charged to use the Peachjar service. You can find instructions on how to request free posting of your free community event, activity or service HERE. Fee-based or fee-seeking events, activities or services are charged a $25 fee per school selected for distribution, which is often less than the cost of printing and much more environmentally friendly. Flyers will be emailed once and posted on Peachjar for up to 60 days. Details can be found at www.peachjar.com and via the videos below.
School-Sponsored Flyers (includes ASB, PTSA, Schools Foundation, Booster Clubs)
Individual schools may post flyers free-of-charge for their site that promote information and events related to:
- The school
- ASB clubs and sports
- Parent-teacher organizations (PTA, PTSA, etc.)
- Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation
- Booster clubs
To promote school-sponsored flyers through E-Flyers, check to see if your school office has a designated Peachjar Administrator, who can approve and upload internal school flyers. If your school has not designated a Peachjar Administrator, email school-sponsored pdf flyers to the Superintendent’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Be sure to complete this form (to indicate which schools should recieve the information and how long to post the flyer - up to 60 days) and email it, with the pdf flyer, to email@example.com. The disclaimer above will not be added to school flyers.
Flyer Approval Guidelines
Community flyers must be from organizations having social, recreational or educational value to students. The dissemination of such materials is a service to provide families with information about activities outside the school district that may be of interest to their students. It does not reflect the District’s endorsement or sponsorship of the activity.
Any material intended for district distribution must be approved by the Superintendent’s Office. The district or schools shall not distribute materials that:
- Contain words, images or symbols that are obscene, lewd, vulgar or sexual in nature;
- Are libelous;
- Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status, including, but not limited to, racial, sexual or ethnic slurs;
- Advocate for a specific political issue, viewpoint, candidate or ballot proposition;
- Promote commercial enterprises -- unless providing a social, recreational, or educational value;
- Promote the violation of existing laws, regulation or ordinances, or official school policy, rules or regulations;
- Proselytize or disparage religious beliefs;
- Disrupt or interfere with the educational process, or undermine SVSD curriculum;
- Promote the use of illicit drugs, alcohol, tobacco or firearms;
- Promote hostility, disorder or violence;
- Out of state or generic mass mailers from national organizations do not meet our definition of community organizations and thus will not be approved for distribution.
How Does Peachjar Work?
To learn more about the benefits of Peachjar service, watch the video below.
Community partners with E-Flyers to share, click here for step-by-step instructions on how to upload a flyer into Peachjar.
Printed copies of approved flyers
The district and all schools no longer distribute paper copies of flyers to families – which has resulted in significant savings for schools in terms of time and paper costs. Some schools may still accept a few paper copies of approved flyers to display at the school itself, usually in or near the school office. If this is of interest, the community group would need to contact a school office directly to inquire as to whether or not the school accepts any paper copies of approved flyers. If accepted, it is the responsibility of the organization to provide the copies to the school.
Approvals of poster requests are handled by the building administrator for each school. Posters must meet the same criteria as flyers to be eligible for school/community bulletin boards.
Materials for staff
SVSD does not approve promotional materials targeted at teachers or other staff members. Decisions about what can be distributed or placed in school staff lounges is determined by the building administrator at each location. Teachers and staff members may not distribute promotional materials directly to students.