UPDATED 8/17/22 - Date change to Curriculum Night
August 16, 2022
Greetings NBES Families,
Welcome to the 2022-23 school year! The entire staff at North Bend Elementary is excited to welcome our new students and reconnect with those who are returning. We would like to extend an especially warm welcome to our kindergarten students and families as they experience this special time of transition. Please take a few minutes to read through this communication, as it includes important details concerning key events and dates as we begin the school year.
Dates to Remember:
- August 22 NBES office opens to the public, daily hours 8am-4pm, M-F
- August 24 Class assignments posted on Skyward Family Access by 4:00pm
- August 26 Meet Your Teacher & PTA Popsicle Party, 2:00-3:00pm at NBES
- Bring your child(ren) to NBES anytime during this hour span so they can see the school, reconnect with friends and staff, and… you guessed it: meet their teacher! 😊
- August 29 Kindergarten Playdate, 4:00-5:00pm at NBES’ playground
- We will have bubbles, chalk, and name tags for family members and students. It is our hope that these playdates help your child (and you!) to make some new friends so their first day feels a little less daunting.
- August 30 First day of school for grades 1-5 (SVSD’s 2022-2023 calendar)
- Aug. 30 – Sept. 1 Kindergarten Family Connection Meetings
- Letters will be mailed home this week with kindergarten class assignment and your family’s meeting date/time)
- September 2 First day of school for kindergarten
- PTA Boo Hoo/Yahoo Coffee for kindergarten parents, 9:15am in the
- Front of School
- Whether you are tearing up or doing a happy dance as you send your kindergartener off to school, join us to mark this special occasion and meet some fellow NBES families.
- Friday Early Release (NBES Daily Schedule)
- September 5 Labor Day holiday—no school
- September 15 Curriculum Night, 6:00-7:30pm—stay tuned for more information
- October 19 Picture Day (all grades)
Additionally, this year all SVSD elementary school supplies are being purchased by the district and will be here and ready for students on their first day of school. More information can be found on the district’s website.
Changes in staffing at North Bend Elementary are outlined below.
New Hires / Long-term Substitutes / Vacancies TBD:
- Deb Burns, 4th Grade Teacher
- Katie Norgard, 1st Grade Teacher
- Melissa Stepaniuk, Kindergarten Teacher (long-term substitute for Jessica Johansen)
- Sarah Wyrick, 1st Grade Teacher (long-term substitute for Ashley Bossie)
- TBD, Specialty Teacher
- TBD, Para II
- TBD, Para II
- TBD, Para II (Resource Room)
- TBD, Para III (Specialty Classroom)
New to their Role:
- Cori Bolstad, WIN ML (Multilingual Learner) Specialist/Coach
- Megan Consolati, WIN Language and Literacy Specialist/Coach
We still have a few unfilled positions. If you, or someone you know, is looking for a job with a great sense of community and camaraderie, you are encouraged to apply via our district website.
Communication between home and school is of the utmost importance at our school. We request that you subscribe to our eNews, (We utilize this email system weekly to share important information and keep everyone apprised of upcoming events specific to the school.); be sure to “like” our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter. Our goal is to keep parents and the community informed while sharing the awesome things that students are up to on a daily basis at NBES. Coming soon, a new communication tool that will be a one-stop-shopping type of experience for all communication within the schools and the district. Stay tuned for more information.
Our PTA and volunteers play an extremely important role at NBES. We are hoping that you will consider joining (or re-join) our PTA this school year. The first opportunity to lend a helping hand is already upon us, with our PTA hosting a Staff Lunch on Thursday, August 25th. If you are interested in assisting and showing our staff some appreciation, please sign up here.
SVSD’s Review Student Verification Process (RSVP) opened today, 8/16. Families should have received an email notification asking them to login and complete this process. Thank you in advance for taking the time to carefully update all of your contact information, including emergency contacts by this Sunday, 8/21.
We are looking forward to another year of learning and growing together with our amazing students and this wonderful North Bend community.
Stephanie Shepherd, Principal Katy Gibson, Assistant Principal