Return to Headlines

SVSD Open Enrollment Period is March 1 - March 31

Open Enrollment is the time each year when families who live in the Snoqualmie Valley School District may request to attend another school in our district, other than their assigned neighborhood school.  The Open Enrollment period is now open through March 31, 2021.  Requests for in-district transfers received during this period will be considered for the next 2021-22 school year.  All applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31.


Visit the Open Enrollment webpage on the district website to access the application form (available in English and Spanish) and learn more about the placement process and status of space considerations for specific schools next year.  Families must apply each year if they are interested in open enrollment for their student.  Families seeking in-district transfers for more than one student need to submit a separate application for each student. 


NOTE:  Each summer, SVSD students are automatically enrolled in schools according to the district’s attendance boundaries.  NO action is needed for current students who plan to attend school next year at their neighborhood school, based on the district attendance boundaries.  


To verify what SVSD school your student is assigned to attend, based on your home address, use the E-Link tool.  


Middle school attendance boundaries follow a clear feeder-school pattern with two elementary schools (out of six) “feeding” into each of the three SVSD middle schools as follows: 

  • Opstad Elementary (OES) and North Bend Elementary (NBES) students will attend Twin Falls Middle School.
  • Snoqualmie Elementary (SES) and Cascade View Elementary (CVES) students will attend Snoqualmie Middle School.
  • Timber Ridge Elementary (TRES) and Fall City Elementary (FCES) students will attend Chief Kanim Middle School.


To preview the middle school attendance map, visit the District Attendance Maps webpage.   


For other transfer scenarios, such as students who reside OUTSIDE of our district who want to attend a Snoqualmie Valley school, a different process called a Choice Transfer is used.  A Choice Transfer (out-of-district) request form is required when applying to attend a school in a different school district.  Visit the Choice Transfer webpage on the district website to access the application form and learn about that placement process, as well as Choice Transfer space considerations for schools next year.


Click here for additional Student Enrollment and Placement Information, related to educational programs in the Snoqualmie Valley School District.