Nominate an Excellent Educator
The Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation “Educator of the Year” award program is an annual event that recognizes and honors exemplary educators in the Snoqualmie Valley School District. The deadline to nominate an outstanding educator is Thursday, January 31, 2019.
Who do you know who exemplifies the following selection criteria?
- Inspires students of all backgrounds and abilities to learn;
- Has the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues;
- Leads by example;
- Plays an active and useful role in the scholastic environment.
Award Categories: Four educators are honored each year, including one from each of the following categories:
- Elementary: Kindergarten through 5th grade certificated staff (teacher, counselor, principal, librarian, etc.)
- Middle School: 6th - 8th grade certificated staff
- High School: 9th - 12th grade certificated staff
- Classified Staff (bus driver, cook, custodian, mechanic, paraeducator, secretary, technician, etc.)
Eligibility: The nominee must be a staff member employed by the Snoqualmie Valley School District for a minimum of three years.
Nominators: Students, parents, educators or other members of the community can nominate an educator for this recognition. Nomination forms are found on the Schools Foundation website at https://www.svsfoundation.org/.
Process: Nominations must be postmarked to the Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation by January 31. An independent selection committee comprised of community leaders will review applications. Winners will be notified through a surprise school visit and invited to be guests of honor at the Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation’s “Small Hands to Big Plans” annual spring luncheon.
Save the date… for the SVSF fundraising event on March 21, 2019.
To nominate an educator, register for the luncheon, or learn more about the good work of the Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation, go to: https://www.svsfoundation.org/.
Photographed at last year’s SVSF Luncheon, the 2018 Snoqualmie Valley Educators of the Year were: Jennifer
Holloway, Mount Si High School history teacher; Jared Burrow, Twin Falls Middle School social studies teacher;
Nate Ziemkowski, Snoqualmie Elementary School STREAM (gifted) teacher; and Betty Hamilton, Fall City
Elementary School head custodian. Snoqualmie Valley Schools Foundation Board Member Sheri Absher
and President Lorraine Thurston (at left) and former Superintendent Joel Aune (at right) are pictured as well.