- Staff Sites
- Snoqualmie Valley School District
- District Homepage
For families who like to plan ahead, we’ve consolidated back-to-school information under this one headline. This will be updated as additional details evolve. After August 22 when school offices re-open, be sure to check your school’s website for updates too.
District Office Summer Hours
Our Administration Office (at 8001 Silva Avenue SE, Snoqualmie, WA, 98065) is open for service weekdays through July 8 (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.), except for the Monday, July 4th holiday (closed). Starting July 11 through August 12, summer hours of service shift to 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Mon.- Thurs., closed on Fridays. 425-831-8000
KEY DATES & CALENDARS
- Tuesday, Aug. 16 - Sunday, Aug. 21 - Complete RSVP Process in Family Access (More details to come.)
- Monday, August 22 – School offices open to the public
- Wednesday, August 24 at 4 p.m. – elementary class assignments posted online (see below)
- Friday, August 26 – Elementary Meet your Teacher Day (times vary, check your school website)
- Tuesday, August 30 – First day of school for grades 1-12
- Friday, September 2 – First day of Kindergarten
- Monday, September 5 – Labor Day Holiday (no school)
- Tuesday, September 6 – First day of Preschool and Transition Learning Center (TLC)
Elementary Class Assignments
Families of students in grades K-5 can verify their assigned classroom teachers in Family Access. Class rosters will be posted Wednesday, August 24 at 4 p.m. Parents will need to use their unique Family Access login and password. If you forgot your parent/guardian password or are new to SVSD, please contact your school office in August.
2022-23 School Calendar/Schedule
Most students will be served in-person, five days a week, with a two-hour early dismissal on Friday, to allow time for teacher collaboration, planning, and professional development.
- Bell Times – Start & Dismissal Schedule: Check back mid-August for updated school start/dismissal times.
- 2022-23 School Year Calendar (1-page pdf)
- E-Calendar provides a comprehensive view of all school events across our school district. Click on “Customize Calendar View” and select all the schools you want to view. Calendars are updated throughout the year, so be sure to check back periodically.
New Student Enrollment
To enroll a new student to the district, please visit Online Enrollment on the district homepage. Before beginning online enrollment, we suggest parents/guardians have several documents handy to be ready to upload; the online process takes 20-30 minutes. (Returning students will automatically be registered for the next grade level.)
Children who turn 5 years of age by August 31 are eligible for full-day kindergarten at no cost to the families. Please register through Online Enrollment. Once enrolled, schools will be in contact with each Kindergarten family in August, to schedule their Family Connection Meeting appointment, August 31-September 2, where they will meet with their teacher 1:1. The first day of Kindergarten is Friday, September 2.
The Snoqualmie Valley School District offers regularly scheduled, free developmental screenings for children ages 3-5 years old. The first screening date is September 2, 2022. Click here for more Child Find screening dates and information on how to request an appointment.
100% Online Learning
For SVSD students who prefer 100% remote learning, our district will continue to support a K-12 online-only learning program, in partnership with a third-party provider. Enroll through our Parent Partnership Program if interested. See details.
Student immunizations must be up-to-date PRIOR to attending the first day of school. To ensure your student has all vaccinations required to attend school, check the Washington Dept. of Health 2022-23 Immunization Requirements for attending school for: K-12 students, en español, and Preschool students. Find more immunization resources, here.
To participate in school sports, students in grades 6-12 must pass a physical examination from a health care provider. Families are encouraged to take care of this requirement during the summer, especially for fall sports. Be sure to print your school’s physical form and take it to your appointment for your provider to complete and sign; Then turn in your completed form to your school office at the start of school. Forms are available on your secondary school’s website (try Forms or Athletics). Physicals must be updated every two years.
Three Updates regarding School Meals
- The federal program that reimbursed school districts for school meals during the pandemic expires June 30. Therefore, school meals will again be available for purchase.
- SVSD meal costs will increase a little for the 2022-23 school year. This adjustment is needed due to rising costs of food and labor. See details here.
- With this exception, however... All students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals, and have a current application on file, will still be able to receive one breakfast and one lunch for free every school day. Our state legislature will supplement the federal program to cover the co-pay for reduced-price meals, so all families who qualify will receive the full benefit.
Free or Reduce School Meal Program
Families must reapply each school year to qualify for free or reduced priced school meals. Starting August 15, new applications for the 2022-23 will be available on the Food Services webpage to download, or available in hard copy at every school office & the district office. For families who applied and qualified last year, benefits will expire October 12. Qualifying families are often eligible for other cost-saving benefits, so it’s very important to apply if needed. Keep in mind too that families can apply anytime during the year if their needs or financial situation changes.
School Menus with nutritional information are posted here. Check back late August.
Make Payments Online
Families can make Online Payments with a credit card for items such as extracurricular participation, school meal accounts and other school purchases. Online payments will be processed starting Monday, August 22.
E-News is the primary way our district and all SVSD schools communicate with parents. Parents and guardians of active students will automatically receive E-News from their current school and the district, based on email addresses that families provide to our Skyward student database. If you want to unsubscribe from a school your student no longer attends, simply click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of a message from that school.
NOTE: Those new to the district must opt in to allow emergency texts, since there could be a cost associated with texting from phone providers. Guardians and staff will automatically receive a one-time text message when they initially enroll in SVSD requesting their approval to allow emergency texts from the school district. (Additionally, if you missed that message or have since changed your mind and now desire texts, you can sign up on your mobile phone by addressing a text to: 67587, type “Y” or “YES” as the message, and hit send.) For more information, please read this flyer (in English y en español).
This online tool allows parents and guardians to manage and monitor their students’ records and progress. This includes checking grades, missing assignments, attendance, immunization records, emergency contacts, and food purchases. Parents can also sign up for notifications regarding attendance and low lunch balances. Schools provide each family with a unique parent login/password to ensure confidentiality of their student’s information.
New 2022-23 bus route information will be available August 17. After that date, families can use E-Link to confirm their student’s bus stop locations and times for pick-up/drop-off through. (Until then, if you need to confirm what school your student will attend, email TransOffice@svsd410.org with your address.)
Every student who rides a bus will need to have their Smart Tag badge. If your student still has theirs from last year, please have them put it in a safe place to use again next year. All Smart Tags will follow the student to any grade level, school or route they are assigned to in the district. Your student must have their tag to ride a bus. If they have lost it, please contact TransOffice@svsd410.org for a replacement tag. Visit our SMART Tag webpage to sign up for alerts and learn more.
Bulky instruments (larger than a violin or tenor sax), glass, weapons, breakable items, animal life (other than certified service animals), plant life, skateboards, and other hazardous objects/materials are not allowed on the school buses. Please plan accordingly.
Sign Up for Parent/Guardian Notifications
- SMART Tag: Our district also uses a system called SMART Tag to help track student ridership and support communication between our parents, buses and schools. Each student rider receives a unique badge to scan upon boarding their bus. Parents/guardians, be sure to sign up for the Parent Portal for updates related to your student’s route - learn more here.
- BusBulletin: Sign up annually for our free BusBulletin service to get an email or text when your child's school bus will be delayed more than 10 minutes, due to road conditions or other unanticipated events. Sign up after August 17, when bus routes have been posted.
Transportation Office Hours
The SVSD Transportation Office will remain open during the summer Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Regular office hours will resume September 6, Mon.-Fri., 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
We’re Hiring & Training Bus Drivers!
NEW this Fall: Elementary school supply lists are no longer needed! To support student equity, all basic school supplies will be provided by our school district at all SVSD elementary schools. Thanks to voter support of our Educational Programs & Operations (EP&O) Levy, this funding will help ensure all students have what they’ll need to start school this fall. (Of course, some families may choose to supplement supplies, but school lists will not be published since we’re covering those needs.)
For back-to-school details specific to your school, check your school website or click below:
- Cascade View Elementary School
- Chief Kanim Middle School
- Fall City Elementary School
- Mount Si High School
- North Bend Elementary School
- Opstad Elementary School
- Parent Partnership Program
- Snoqualmie Elementary School
- Snoqualmie Middle School
- Timber Ridge Elementary School
- Twin Falls Middle School
- Two Rivers School
Have a safe, relaxing and fun summer!
Posted June 27, 2022