Return to Headlines
Hiring School Bus Drivers: Part-time, Local Opportunities
The Snoqualmie Valley School District’s Transportation department is looking to hire and train several new drivers to help meet all the transportation needs of our schools and extracurricular student activities. Watch this brief video to consider a school bus driver job opportunity; click below to start.
- Are you an experienced driver with an excellent safety record?
- Do you enjoy children?
- Would you like to work locally?
- Are you a parent who wants to work part time during the school day, and have the same days off as your students to spend at home together?
- Are you recently retired, and interested in a part-time opportunity working with youth?
Interested candidates are encourage to apply online, by visiting the District website and select the Job Opportunities tab. Select “Click Here to View Positions Information and Apply” then choose the Substitute Bus Driver opening. (New drivers are typically hired into substitute driver roles, after which these opportunities often turn into permanent part-time positions.) The District would like to offer a training session in October, if there is enough new hires.
Across the state and nation, school districts are struggling with a shortage of bus drivers. Here are a few stories in the news about these challenges:
- Living Snoqualmie: Crowded school buses highlight driver shortage facing District, worse than ever this year, by Danna McCall, September 29, 2016
- Snoqualmie Valley Record: Get on the bus: Snoqualmie Valley School District needs bus drivers, by Carol Ladwig, May 25, 2016
- KOMO News: Bus driver shortage leaving some Kitsap Co. passengers stranded, by Mark Miller, April 6, 2016
- Yakima Herald: Shortage of school bus drivers plagues Yakima Valley – and districts across the U.S., by Rafael Guerrero, March 6, 2016
The 2016-17 Snoqualmie Valley School District Transportation Department
Come work with us!