Return to Headlines
Shortened List of Names Being Considered for New School
Thanks to all who submitted name nominations during the first step in the school naming process, November 9 – December 6, to help name Elementary School #6. After a thorough review of the nominations, the School Board narrowed the list at their December 10 meeting to 14 potential names.
In alphabetical order, this list of “semi-finalist” nominations includes:
|• Cedar Ridge Elementary School||• Moon Hill Elementary School|
| • Eagle Pointe Elementary School
||• Mountain Ridge Elementary School|
|• Elk View Elementary School||• Silent Creek Elementary School|
|• Falls Elementary School||• Snoqualmie Falls Elementary School|
|• Little Si Elementary School||• Snoqualmie Ridge Elementary School|
|• Meadowbrook Elementary School||• Timber Ridge Elementary School|
|• Misty Falls Elementary School||• Windy Ridge Elementary School|
Another feedback link is available online for community members to provide input on these top contenders. Click here to Share Your Thoughts on “semi-finalist” name options. This link will close Wednesday, January 6. (Hard copy forms are also available at all Snoqualmie Valley schools and the District Office, for those without internet access.)
The School Board looks forward to considering this input, as they work to make a final decision.
Criteria for the name nominations included:
- Nominated names should be known and significant to the people in the District.
- Names submitted should not conflict with the names of the other schools in the District and area.
- The use of names of any person should be avoided.
- November 9-December 6 – Open nominations are welcomed from families, staff, and the community. Submissions will be received via an online survey, plus hard copy forms will be available at each school and the District Office.
- December 6 – Nominations will be shared with the School Board. Each of the five directors and two student representatives will be asked to select three names from the community nominations.
- December 10-January 6 – A shortened list of possible school names (up to 21) will be posted for additional public input.
- January 14-25 – The Board will consider community comments to narrow the list further, to up to seven possible options.
- January 28 – The School Board plans to announce a final decision on the new name for ES#6.