· Use a page of the classified ads to create challenges. “Find the largest number, find the smallest number”
· Play math games together such as Dominoes, Yahtzee, Battleship, etc.
· Practice number facts up to 10’s using flashcards or verbal questions
· Play strategy games. Start with eight pennies on a table. Take turns picking up 1 or 2 or 3 pennies. The loser picks up the last penny. Discuss the winning strategy.
· Toss a coin 50 times. Record the number of heads and tails. Predict what would happen if you tossed the coin 100 times, 150 times, 200 times, etc.
· While doing chores, create opportunities to use fractions: cutting pizza, cake, mowing ½ the lawn before taking a break, etc.